A complete tutorial for creating an asteroids clone using Unity.
Welcome to Makeroids for Unity3D! Click the image to play.
I have put together a collection of five free videos on how I created Makeroids using a bunch of free (and one relatively inexpensive) tool. All the video’s are embedded below.
- 1 – (5:14) Overview, what the project file contains etc.
- 2 – (6:58) Creating the audio using audacity (audio is usually last, lets do it first!)
- 3 – (21:37) Creating the 3D art in Blender and Silo
- 4 – (43:27) Putting it all together in Unity, rebuilding the project file
- 5 – (10:17) Vector art using Inkscape
For a grand total of 1h 27m and 33s of free tutorial videos!!!
If you would like to get the project file including all of the art, audio, code and unity files you can purchase it here for the small price of $2.
I spent a few days making all the art, sound, code and put it all together using Unity. Please play the game and if you are interested, for a relatively cheap price of $2 you can grab the project file for yourself.
This is only my second video tutorial series so I would love any feedback you have on how to improve the site and the tutorials! Thanks for dropping by.
I have posted a small update to the code to avoid spawning in asteroids over your player.