One of the main things I am trying to get over by blogging is the fear of showing incremental or in progress work that I find embarassing. Why? Because otherwise I don’t know if I would ever post since I’m never happy with how things go. Posting this stuff makes me want to improve it more and I hope that actually gets more work done.
As I alluded to in my previous post, I found a way to generate stills out of a recorded play session. That gave me the idea to post the first movie of my silly little test game (based on asteroids). The movie is especially dull for the first few seconds and plays in sloooooowwww motion because my game is outputting 100fps and I encoded at 30fps because I was to lazy to find the frame rate options. With those caveats out of the way, enjoy:
Nice work, man! You’ve got collision detection and everything! Faaaancy!