The main two IGAMEMAKER.COM achievements from last year were:
My main goal last year was to do one small project and finish with with a fairly high level of polish. I’ve had roughly 850 people watch the making of video and roughly the same number play the game so I think this was a success.
On January 1st I became a registered iOS developer. An hour after registering I launched my current, incomplete and top secret, game onto my iPod. This year I am hoping to do the following:
- Create and launch a game on the app store
- Create more projects/video tutorials
- Add in the ability to donate or purchase larger tutorial source files (allowing you to download the video if desired)
If you have an interest in further tutorials please let me know your suggestions/preferences. Here is my list as it stands today:
- Tic Tac Toe – Cocos2D, Cocos2D-x, UDK (why now?)
- Google App Engine – Hosting Unity player with Google App Engine
- Top seller break downs – Flight Control, Angry Birds, etc.
- My game as it develops…
- Anything else that comes to mind?
Last year was more than a little hectic and there wasn’t much time for projects or blogging. I cut out the “fluff” posts and focused on getting meatier results. I’m going to do that again this year and focus on “doing” and then blogging when I have something interesting rather than something forced. I am planning on having more time to dedicate to development this year and I’m hoping to share some of it soon.